A Psalm of Self Love

 

Dear I AM,

You taught me how to introduce myself to the world and eventually my lips learned to form the words you hid inside my innermost being,


“Here is me. This is my name. This is who I am.”


Even still, the world will never know me like you  do because you know me better than my current self awareness. You know what is unfolding. What I am becoming and the goodness I am capable of.


And,

YOU REMEMBER ME. 


You remember the moment  I was broken. You were present for every scar there after. When my soul was disfigured past recognition. You were a part of my crumbling and weeping heart and you remember my rebirth. When I finally came up to the surface for air.


 It is not a mystery to you  why I do not move freely now. Why sometimes my spirit still limps and stumbles.


 YOU UNDERSTAND ME.



You are My heartbeat. My breath. My tears. My skin. My bones. My all.

I cannot hide from myself and I cannot hide from you.  

I know that in the heights of Heaven you would be my lungs and in the depth of Hell you would be my oxygen .


Because there is no escaping your love.


It follows me.

 It waits for me.

 It catches up to me.

 It encompasses me. 

It grounds me. 

It awakens me.

It satisfies my curiosity.

It tends to my wounds.

It writes my story.

It expands my soul.

It invites me to freedom.


Oh, Beloved, I AM…


I am whole with you.

I am myself with you.

I am not lonely with you.

I am home with you.

I am enough with you.


Here is me. This is my name. This is who I am.”



Comments

Popular Posts